Thursday, July 8, 2021

Some Beekeeping Stuff Is Worthless And A Big Waste Of Money




Hello From Long Lane Honey Bee Farms. I'm EAS Certified Master Beekeeper, David Burns. I'm here to help you keep healthier bees and avoid horrible mistakes.

When I first started beekeeping I desperately searched for answers and I fell for a ton of gizmos and gadgets thinking it would make my bees healthier and produce more honey. It's crazy what we will fall for.

I'm starting a new video series where I evaluate various pieces of beekeeping equipment and ask the question, "Is It Worthless or Worth it?"

If you've not seen my two, latest videos please check them out. The first one is on the inner cover. Are inner covers really needed? What is the purpose of an inner cover anyway?

The second video is on screen bottom boards. Are they really any better than a solid bottom board. Can you use screen bottom boards in the winter? Check these videos out below to discover how many mites are reduced by screen bottom boards and how they effect your honey production.

And PLEASE subscribe to our Beekeeping YouTube channel so you can keep learning how to keep healthier bees an avoid horrible mistakes. Help us reach 100,000 subscribers by the end of the year. I'm doing my part by making a ton of videos! We are at 64,562 and need 35,438 new subscribers. Thank you sooooo much! Each video has a red subscribe button in the lower right hand corner. When you subscribe you are giving me your support of my channel so I do appreciate it.